The leading causes of illness and death among general population are largely preventable. Health outcomes are grounded in their social environments and are frequently mediated by their behaviors. Behaviors are influenced at the individual, peer, family, school, community, and societal levels. As illustrated by the following achievements of research findings, health outcomes are linked to multiple environmental factors.
We have explored the impacts of inequitable access to health food and exercise on obesity.
- Lo FE, Lu PJ, Tsai MK,…, Chiang PH,…, et al. The Role of Physical Activity in Harm Reduction among Betel Quid Chewers from a Prospective Cohort of 419,378 Individuals. PloS One 2016; 11(4): e0152246.
- Wahlqvist ML, Huang LY, Lee MS, Chiang PH, Chang YH, Tsao AP. Dietary quality of elders and children is interdependent in Taiwanese communities: a NAHSIT mapping study. Ecology of Food and Nutrition 2014; 53(1): 81-97.
- Chiang PH, Huang LY, Lo YT, Lee MS, Wahlqvist ML. Bidirectionality and gender differences in emotional disturbance associations with obesity among Taiwanese schoolchildren. Research in Developmental Disabilities 2013; 34(10): 3504-16.
- Chiang PH, Wahlqvist ML, Lee MS, Huang LY, Chen HH, Huang ST. Fast-food outlets and walkability in school neighbourhoods predict fatness in boys and height in girls: a Taiwanese population study. Public Health Nutrition 2011; 14(9): 1601-9.
We have explored impacts of physical environment on mortality/mobility/health.
- Chan TC, Wang HW, Tseng TJ, Chiang PH. Spatial clustering and local risk factors of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health 2015; 12(12): 15716-27.
- Chan TC, Chiang PH, Su MD, Wang HW, Liu MS. Geographic disparity in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) mortality rates among the Taiwan population. PloS One 2014; 9(5): e98170.
- Chan TC, Fan IC, Liu MS, Su MD, Chiang PH. Addressing health disparities in chronic kidney disease. International Journal of Environmental
Research and Public Health 2014; 11(12): 12848-65.
- Lin RT*, Christiani DC, Kawachi I, Chan TC, Chiang PH|, Chan CC. Increased risk of respiratory mortality associated with the high-tech manufacturing industry: a 26-year study. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public, June 3, 2016, 13(6), 557; doi:10.3390/ijerph13060557.
- Tsou HC, Yeh HL, Chiang PH* (Corresponding author). Spatial trend analysis of dengue fever outbreak. The Journal of Taiwan Association for Medical Informatics. 2015 Dec 24(4): 39-48.
- Chiang PH, Hsu SJ, Hsu SW*. Trends in the use of psychotropic drugs among children and adolescents with intellectual disability in Taiwan. Journal of Disability Research (Taiwan). December, 2015, 13(4): 284-29. (others, in Chinese).
- Chiang PH, Yang TY, Hsu SW*. Trends in ambulatory care visits and expenditures among persons with Down syndrome in Taiwan. Journal of Disability Research (Taiwan). December, 2015, 13(4): 268-283. (others, in Chinese).